During the recession, the number one complaint from small business owners is the lack of new customers.
Luckily, the cell phone repair business has continued to grow and remains one of the best small business start-up ideas of the decade! Growing competition might have repair store owners looking for alternative ways to stay ahead while paid advertising can be expensive and have unpredictable results.
Whether you’ve just opened your cell phone repair business or have already hit the ground running, these FREE publicity methods are a sure way to target your audience without having to spend a penny!
- Company Website – Having a company website should be an absolute essential to your repair business. There are many free services that can help you establish a basic business presence online in under an hour all over the internet.
- Craigslist – Post ads in the “cell phone” and “services” section on a daily basis or as needed to remain on the first page of the search results.
- Social Media – Consider opening a Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn company page. Remember to reference links in your store, on your business cards, e-mail signatures, website, receipts and any other promotional material or documents that your customers put their hands on.
- Online Business Directories – Sign up for free online business directories to increase chances customers find your business online. In addition, search engines will give your business website more credibility, increasing your chances of higher natural search rankings. Google Places, Yelp and Yellow Pages are a few examples.
- E-Mail Marketing – Collect, save and store all of your repair businesses leads, contacts, customers and related e-mail addresses for e-mail marketing. Most customers prefer not to be spammed with offerings. Consider sending a blast one to two times a month and offer small prizes for Facebook likes and business directory reviews.
- Blogging – Blogging is essential! Initially, it’s best to refrain from blogging about “How to Repair” or 5 Mile High Apple and Cell Phone Industry related articles. This might drive some traffic over time, but usually doesn’t attract new local customers. Consider generating content about local news and events in your area related to your cell phone repair business. By doing this, you’ll attract local customers searching the internet in your area that have a higher likelihood of converting to paying customers. Also consider reviewing other local businesses you use and recommend. A positive and honest review could inspire the other company to do the same on their blog. For example:
- “[Insert Local College Name] requires iPads for all students”
- “[Insert Local Church Name] donates cell phones to the elderly”
- “[Insert Town Name] approves iPhones for all Patrol Officers”
7. Bulletin Boards – Place business cards on bulletin boards across town. You should start with high traffic areas like the library, chamber of commerce building, local government buildings, popular restaurants and social gathering spots.
8. Customer Repair Stories – Using your blog, take customer repair success stories and create blog articles. Before and after photos as well as customer quotes can be great for referrals. If your customer says it’s ok, they are likely to reference the blog post on his or her personal social media accounts for all of their contacts to read.
9. Volunteer and Giving Back – Volunteering and good deeds go a long way. Volunteering or donating services to a good cause gets attention and those companies’ followers are highly likely to refer and use your company in the future for their cell phone and repair needs.
10. Networking – Participate in your local town or cities small business clubs and meetings. Networking with other business owners is a great way to get customers through direct referrals and word of mouth.
Keep it simple, keep it cheap and try multiple methods over time to measure success with these and other free publicity ideas for your cell phone repair shop. Consistently ask customers how they found out about you so you’re able to identify methods that work. Advertising your repair shop doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive!
What other advertising methods do you use to get free publicity about your repair services?
Latest posts by Dustin Jones (see all)
- Verizon Partners w/ Repair Franchise to Fix Cracked Screens - February 27, 2017
- Right to Repair Bill Gains Momentum In 5 States - January 27, 2017
- Woman Drives SUV Into TMobile Store After Refused New iPhone - January 18, 2017