Apps that for for Unresponsive Digitizer too!
It’s not the end of the world if your Android device has a broken home button or bad touchscreen area.
There are apps you can use temporarily to replace faulty buttons and non-responsive digitizer touch areas before you pay to have your mobile device fixed or replaced. Here are the best apps you can use before considering a costly Android touch screen replacement:
Touch Me – Assistive Touch
Touch Me resembles the Assistive Touch on the iPhone. This app floats on your screen as well as other apps. You can also easily move it anywhere.
This app is not limited to being a shortcut on the home screen. It also features other functions, including the following:
- Super task manager/killer
- One click memory optimizer
- Quick settings to lock screen, turn on/off flashlight, for WiFi, Bluetooth, brightness, GPS, and APN
- One click lock screen capability
- Open favorite apps
- Easily access favorite contacts plus call or send message
Easy Touch (Android Holo Style)
Easy Touch is another free button similar to the iPhone Assistive Touch. It floats throughout the screen and can be moved anywhere.
More than a home button, the Easy Touch works for other functions as well, including the following:
- Quick settings for WiFi, GPS, APN or mobile data, Bluetooth, flashlight, brightness, ringer, volume, auto rotation, and air plane mode
- Change theme
- Time display
- Clear cache
- Optimize memory
- List apps
- Double press to open recent apps
- Opens favorite apps
- Task manager (task killer with root support)
- Menu and back button (with root support)
Easy Touch (Pink Style)
This Easy Touch version offers the exact same features available with the Android Holo Style. The only difference is the pink-colored design. Great for those pink Android phone lovers!
Floating Toucher is made especially for Android. It floats throughout the screen and can be moved anywhere. It also features the following functions without the need to close current applications:
- Back or home button (requires root)
- System switches which include WiFi, GPS, APN or the mobile network, Bluetooth, flashlight, ring mode, screen brightness, rotation, airplane mode, and WiFi hotspot
- Clear memory
- Shortcut to recent apps and favorite apps
Unlike other similar apps, the Floating Toucher can be uniquely customized. You can change the panel’s color, the floating button style, and panel functions (your favorite apps or switches). You may also create folders for apps and switches.
Toucher from GO Launcher Ex
This popularly downloaded free app is another multi-functional tool which not only creates a quick access to your home, back, and menu screen (requires device to be rooted), it also offers the following features:
- Shortcuts to a total of 19 switches, which includes WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, volume, message, address book, screen lock, memory cleaner, and many more
- All shortcuts can be assigned in one panel
- An increasing number of themes and skins available
GO Launcher Ex also offers several other similar apps with varying themes.
Home Button by InnodroApps
This is a very simple home button app which stays permanently on your notification menu. Just go to the notification window to use the app. However, you need to load it upon start up in order to manually pin it on the status bar.
This app does not need any administrator requirements (although it is beneficial to do so for security purposes). It does not require your device to be rooted either.
Home Button Shortcut by TeamBro
This is similar to the InnodroApps application, but this app can automatically start upon reboot (configurable through its settings).
My Home Button
This offers more than what the previous two can accomplish. There are two notifications instead of one and these can be utilized as a shortcut to the home button and to one other chosen destination. You can also create three shortcuts: to home, recent apps, and a drop down at the status bar.
WARNING: App Removal
Some apps may not be removed through the basic uninstaller and may require you to do the following before uninstalling: Settings -> Location & Security -> Select Device Administrators -> Cancel the specific app
This list only covers some of the top applications similar to Assistive Touch for broken home buttons. Before you seek repair services to get your Android smartphone’s home button or unresponsive digitizer fixed, you should give one of these apps a try.
Latest posts by Dustin Jones (see all)
- New OLED Touch ID Tech In iPhone 8: Overview, Impact & Opinion - March 28, 2017
- Verizon Partners w/ Repair Franchise to Fix Cracked Screens - February 27, 2017
- Right to Repair Bill Gains Momentum In 5 States - January 27, 2017