Apple Awards Denied iPhone Warranty Coverage Customers Relief
Have you been denied iPhone warranty coverage for having having moisture indicators activated or liquid damage?
If so, today is your lucky day! Apple has just been handed down a $53 million dollar class action lawsuit surrounding denied warranty claims stemming from refusal to authorize repairs for devices that had liquid moisture indicators activated.
Apple customers claimed that their devices never were exposed to moisture or water damage and that Apple’s external liquid exposure indicators could easily be triggered simply by the humidity in the air or a damp environment where moisture never entered the main components of the phone.
If you’ve been denied warranty coverage in the past, you now have a right to collect a settlement offer from Apple.
Am I Eligible to Receive Settlement Funds if Apple Refused My Warranty Claim?
To be eligible, all of the following criteria must apply:
- US Citizen
- Apple denied warranty coverage for your iPhone on or before December 31st, 2009.
- Apple denied warranty coverage for your iPod Touch on or before June 30th, 2010.
- At the time of the warranty claim, your device was under it’s one year manufacturer’s warranty coverage OR your device was covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan.
- Apple refused your warranty claim because your iPhone or iPod had been exposed to moisture or had liquid damage.
- Must provide your serial number for the device that was denied coverage.
- Most importantly, you must fill out a settlement claim form online by October 21st, 2013 or mail with postmark the claim form no later than October 21st, 2013.
How Much Money Can I Get If I Was Denied Warranty Coverage for Liquid Damage?
- iPhone 1st Generation 4GB – $215
- iPhone 1st Generation 8GB – $260
- iPhone 1st Generation 16GB – $300
- iPhone 3G 8GB – $215
- iPhone 3G 16GB – $215
- iPhone 3GS 16GB – $215
- iPhone 3GS 32GB – $215
- iPod Touch 8GB – $160
- iPod Touch 16GB – $215
- iPod Touch 32GB – $265
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation 8GB – $105 to $125
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation 16GB – $160
- iPod Touch 2nd Generation 32GB – $210
- iPod Touch 3rd Generation 32GB – $160
- iPod Touch 3rd Generation 64GB – $215
Apple Water Damage Denied Warranty Lawsuit Settlement Links
- Instructions on filing water damage settlement claim form
- Apple water damage lawsuit court documents
- Denied iPhone warranty coverage by Apple frequently asked questions and answers
Latest posts by Dustin Jones (see all)
- New OLED Touch ID Tech In iPhone 8: Overview, Impact & Opinion - March 28, 2017
- Verizon Partners w/ Repair Franchise to Fix Cracked Screens - February 27, 2017
- Right to Repair Bill Gains Momentum In 5 States - January 27, 2017