Yes and no.
An LCD screen with just a dead pixel is worth just as much as an LCD screen that has several bleeds in the LCD screen. If it’s not something you would accept back as a refurbished screen with the issue then it’s a failure.
Failed LCD screens do have other small parts in the assembly and raw material that have value. However, 90%+ of the value of a cracked glass LCD screen is in the actual LCD component leaving ~10% in other small parts.
This other 10% is worth reclaiming when the same labor is extracting a good LCD screen at the same time, in most cases. By the time everything has been paid on the LCD screen, the value is less than what’s been paid to process the piece.
Ex: iPhone 4/4s LCD Screen Assembly
- Inbound postage to us – $.20 cents
- Processing/Testing Costs – $.25 cents
- Outbound Postage Cost to Overseas Facility – $.20 cents
- Duties from HK to China – $.20 cents
- Labor cost to extract spare parts – $.05 cents
Total cost – $.90 cents.
Today’s Spot Buy Price – $.70 cents
Total Profit – (-$.20 cents/each)
We encourage to send ALL LCD screens, even if you’re certain their failed.
- We could end up passing some that you might have thought failed
- We will recycle failed pieces responsibility, even if it cost us to do so!
In some rare cases, (newer models during first few months, as an example) failed LCD screens can be worth offering a buy back price on and will be included in our price list.
Latest posts by Admin (see all)
- Protected: Is Refurbishing LCD Screens Worth It? - February 28, 2019
- Protected: The True Cost of Using Copy LCD Screens for Cell Phone Repair - February 27, 2019