Our company processes and test the LCD screens here in the USA at our facility in Port Saint Lucie, Florida.
The cracked LCD screens then get sent to our refurbishing partners overseas to be re-claimed and made back into LCD replacement assemblies. The glass is removed from the LCD modules and spare parts are reclaimed and put back onto the assemblies to make complete units. All other raw material is scrapped and recycled.
Most of these LCD screens are resold directly back into the Asia and overseas market after they’re refurbished.
We are starting to send LCD screens back to the USA and have them available for our clients here in the USA.
One advantage of our buyback program is the wide range of LCD screens that accept. Our clients routinely comment the added value having one company to sell all their screens to brings to their business.
We buy back cracked, damaged and broken LCD screen assemblies from mobile phones and popular consumer gadgets including:
New models are always being added. New clients are encouraged to fill out a quote form to receive buyback models and pricing. Existing clients can inquire through our contact form or contact their account manager directly.
Yes. Currently we offer refurbished LCD screens to our recycling clients. The stock supply is limited in the USA but plan to fully stock all models in the near future.
Clients can use their buyback credit against refurbished stock payment.
Our website will be updated with an online portal and ecommerce engine in the next few months to streamline this process and product offering. For existing clients, please ask your purchasing agent for our refurbished price list.
We’ve built our process to be easy, fast and get you paid quickly.
- Send us a quote request. You’ll be emailed pricing instantly through e-mail.
- Reply back that you’re ready to move forward.
- An e-mail will be sent that has a link to fill out and submit order information.
- You’ll be emailed postage labels.
- Pack and ship broken LCD screens.
You’ll receive an e-mail the moment we receive your package and within 1-3 business days your order will be tested.
As soon as we’ve testing all your LCD screens, we’ll make payment the same day to your account.
** Coming Soon ** – Clients will be able to submit their orders directly from our website customer portal!
Our buy back prices are among the most competitive in the industry! Our experience allows us to be ahead of changes in pricing and market demand, allowing us to consistently offer high prices to our clients for a longer duration than many others buyback companies.
For new clients, our standard buyback prices can be delivered to you immediately by submitting a quote for broken LCD screens.
For existing clients who are already been in contact with us, please contact your purchasing representative directly. Submission through our contact form for existing clients will direct your inquiry to your current account manager.
With any used electronic equipment, prices go down frequently due to the following reasons:
- New models in the market place creating less demand for old models.
- Refurbished LCD screens have been recycled more than once, created greater chances for failure when reclaiming the parts.
- Consumer and repair shop demand
- Availability and cost of other small parts to refurbish the LCD screen.
- How many LCD screens are in the market
For models just released (and until they’ve been out for 6-8 months) buy back prices drop frequently and by larger amounts than after this period.
For the reason, it’s important to ensure you ship often, typically no longer than every two weeks depending on the total volume LCD screens you have.
After this 6-8 month period, LCD buyback prices tend to drop less frequently and by less total value when they do drop. However, they still do drop somewhat often based on the same above reasons.
Overall, it’s impossible to pinpoint exactly when prices will fluctuate as so many external reasons exist that cannot be predicted. Similar to the stock market, such subtle reasons as a launched model’s successor being announced can throw prices all over the place.
Harvest Cellular likes to keep things simple yet most lucrative for you. We take all these factors into consideration so that our buyback prices reflect these ups and downs (and the associated risk) while offering a competitive rate to you at the same time.
Our industry experience and network partners are in many of the overseas markets that “set” these buyback prices on a weekly basis. Overtime, we’ve build a network that allows Harvest Cellular to understand when prices are shifting and allow us to react quickly, adding value to our clients by having competitive pricing for longer periods and knowledge of fluctuations in pricing in advance.
For our long-term frequent clients, we typically will send out an e-mail update when any specific model or product line prices are changing and by how much. Many times, in advance of the actual price drop to ensure our clients are able to expedite another order before the price drop.
However, because prices can change frequently, changed to LCD buyback prices will be communicated at the time of placing your buyback order.
We plan in the very near future to add functionality to our website to having client pricing within their own portal login and be notified automatically of pricing changes.
Yes, we offer FREE shipping for qualifying orders.
Qualifying orders must fit the following criteria unless otherwise discussed with your account representative:
- 100+ psc OR
- Order value exceeds $1,000 USD.
Free postage is provided through FedEx Ground for US Domestic Orders and FedEx Express Economy for international orders. (FedEx Int Ground from Canada)
A postage label will be provided to you via e-mail when your order is submitted through out system. Instructions will be provided within this email on how to print the labels.
- Please look in your spam/junk mail if you did not receive and add the email address to your safe list.
- If you need another shipping label, please contact your account manager.
- We also offer FREE pickup from your business location. Please let your account manager know before submitting your order.
- All FedEx Ground pickup request must have orders packed and ready for transit and can only be scheduled for the following business day.
- Shipping label can be printed from any regular thermal, inkjet or laser printer on standard size paper.
- Scheduled pickups are available through FedEx Ground.
- All scheduled pickup request require client has shipment packed and labeled for shipping.
- All pickup request are scheduled for the following business day.
- Please speak with your account representative at the time of your order to schedule the date/time for pickup.
- Pickups are available within a 3-4 hour window only. Please be present at location for the pickup request.
- If dropping off at a location, we recommend asking the shipping clerk for a “drop off slip”. This ensures the carrier scans the tracking and accepts the package.
- If not using our generated label, please send your account manager tracking information so we’re able to identify and receive your order once it’s received.
Packing your LCD screens properly is the #1 way to ensure your yields stay high. With that said, it’s the #1 way to lose significant value through damage during transit!
Please follow out suggested guideline for packing and shipping broken LCD screens.
Best Practice for Safe Shipping
- No more than 400 LCD per box
- Use a sturdy box that isn’t worn out or has damage.
- Use bubble sleeves on all LCD screens if possible.
- Once packed up, shake the box HARD. If you feel any movement, add more packing filler till nothing moves with a hard shake.
- Reinforce tape jobs on all flaps
We test for the following defects on all of our LCD screens:
- Bad back-light
- Dead pixels
- Grey area
- Screen burns
- Water spots
- Edge pressure damage
- Digitizer functions
In most all cases, any of these failure reasons results in a failed LCD assembly.
Our test is conducted with specialized testing boxes for iPhone and our internally developed (publicly available) LCD Screen Tester app for Android.
The test runs through a range of color pallets, which increased the chances a trained eye can see the above defects.
Yes and no.
An LCD screen with just a dead pixel is worth just as much as an LCD screen that has several bleeds in the LCD screen. If it’s not something you would accept back as a refurbished screen with the issue then it’s a failure.
Failed LCD screens do have other small parts in the assembly and raw material that have value. However, 90%+ of the value of a cracked glass LCD screen is in the actual LCD component leaving ~10% in other small parts.
This other 10% is worth reclaiming when the same labor is extracting a good LCD screen at the same time, in most cases. By the time everything has been paid on the LCD screen, the value is less than what’s been paid to process the piece.
Ex: iPhone 4/4s LCD Screen Assembly
- Inbound postage to us – $.20 cents
- Processing/Testing Costs – $.25 cents
- Outbound Postage Cost to Overseas Facility – $.20 cents
- Duties from HK to China – $.20 cents
- Labor cost to extract spare parts – $.05 cents
Total cost – $.90 cents.
Today’s Spot Buy Price – $.70 cents
Total Profit – (-$.20 cents/each)
We encourage to send ALL LCD screens, even if you’re certain their failed.
- We could end up passing some that you might have thought failed
- We will recycle failed pieces responsibility, even if it cost us to do so!
In some rare cases, (newer models during first few months, as an example) failed LCD screens can be worth offering a buy back price on and will be included in our price list.
Yes. In fact, we usually keep all failed LCD screens for new clients in-case they want the failed units back to verify our testing.
In most cases, it’s just a matter of being on the same page where both sides are conducting the same type of test.
All high end screens (Value exceeding $10) are held, by default for 10 business days from the date when we finished testing. These units are held in a special quarantine area associated with your order. If you would like to receive your failed LCD screens back, please request so through your account manager.
On first time returns, postage will be paid by Harvest Cellular. One subsequent returns, we could ask that you pay the shipping fee back to you.
You’ll get a receiving and testing report in real time as your order is being processed.
Receiving Report – The basics. What models you sent and how many pieces. Original and Non-Original (for models that have different value) are also separated at this stage.
Testing Report – How many failures for each line item out of the total amount received in. Specific failure reasons will not be included on this report but can be requested through your account manager.
We understand. Getting paid fast helps your business pay for the items it needs today.
- Final payments are made after your order has been received and tested by our team.
- You’ll receive both a receiving report and a testing report in real-time as our staff works on your order.
- Your payment will be made within 1-2 business days after being tested.
- All payments are made between 3-6PM EST Monday-Friday.
- You’ll receive a payment confirmation email confirming we’ve submitted your payment.
Please note that certain payment methods might not show up right away, depending on your institutions processing time.
If you do not see your payment after receiving confirmation by the end of the next business day, please contact us.
Getting paid in the way that best suits your business is our goal. We offer a range of options, including:
- ACH (Direct Deposit)
- Wire Transfer
- Credit for Refurbished LCD Screens
- ACH Payments typically take 1-2 business days before posting to your bank account.
- Our buyback prices exclude any service fees your bank or financial institution might impose upon a transaction from Harvest Cellular, LLC and your account including but not limited to PayPal and incoming wire fees.
- Payment option availability could vary based on client history and transaction size.
We make payment upon receiving and testing your order and do not prepay with most all clients.
Our policy stems from two main points:
In addition, prepayment is hard to determine when trying to established an amount to prepay, given that an order’s total value can’t be determined until after it’s been received and tested. This accounts for extra accounting (on our clients side and ours) and ultimately further delays the completion of a single order.
Getting your full payment to you as soon as possible is our top priority! In most cases, our clients receive their full balance MANY DAYS (if not weeks) faster than many other buyback companies complete and make their final payment, resulting in an optimal cash-flow experience for our clients.
While we believe that most people are good, scammers do exist and have hit many LCD buyback companies hard. We’re able to keep our prices competitive by not having to factor in such expected losses that undoubtedly result when offering a prepayment option. Therefore, buyback prices for the majority of legitimate businesses won’t be discounted due to the few dishonest companies out there.
In rare cases, exceptions to our prepayment policy are given based on a combination of the following:
- Industry Reputation
- Transaction history with Harvest Cellular (length and consistency of orders)
- Order Volume
Please consult with your account manager for further details about prepayment availability and to fill out our Credit and References application.